The Outreach Specialist will;
- Delivers outreach and supportive services to veteran families
- Provides engagement and ongoing support
- Assists team members in the delivery of daily services, including providing positive modeling, peer counseling, support and encouragement to participants.
- Provide outreach through the distribution of materials, informational/educational presentations and marketing to community members and possible participants.
- Address crowds of varying sizes and offer program presentations.
- Provide resource and referral services to community members and possible participants, particularly for U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs services and entitlements, public benefits, and housing resources.
- Develop, assess and monitor strategic outreach plan and resources in conjunction with SSVF staff.
- Coordinate outreach in partnership with other SSVF and CoC programs.
- Interface with representatives from referring agencies and partnering service providers in order to facilitate the delivery of program services and a steady flow of referrals.
- Assist program participants with accessing needed community services (housing, employment, medical, psychological, substance abuse, vocational, food, clothing, etc.) through the development of a referral network, referral and follow up.
- Escort and engage Veterans in the community.
- Act as advocate for participants as appropriate; encourage and support self-advocacy.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with colleagues and program managers.
- Document all services in compliance with agency standards.
- Work as a member of the social service team in the development of on-site and off-site socialization, educational, risk reduction and skill building activities with a view towards permanent housing stability.
- Liaison to community based services and groups including civic, social service, government, businesses, landlords and non-profit organizations.
- Maintain a small caseload of SSVF households, navigating them through the SSVF service cycle and housing planning process.
- Participate in ongoing individual supervision, team meetings, case conferences, division meetings and trainings.
- Respond to information requests from internal SUS staff.
- Participate in SUS Veterans Service Fair(s) and other company events.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces.
- Good verbal and written communication skills needed.
- Familiarity with MS Office.
- Must have an ability to work with a team.
- Willingness and ability to travel across various locations regularly a must
- Fieldwork expected at least 50% of the workweek.
Email Alert Options
You can save these search settings as an email alert, meaning an email will be sent to you every time a new opening matches your criteria. If you would like to create an email alert, please fill out the form below and click the save button.