The Sr. Employment Specialist will be under the supervision of the Veteran Employment Manager to develop and implement effective service delivery systems that address complex problems facing homeless and unemployed veterans, and primarily assist same with resolving barriers and securing and maintaining meanigful competitive employment and suportive services. The Specialist will work with program participants to provide case management services and training in job seeking and job retention. Will be responsible to maintain a strong knowledge of WorkForce 1, DOL, VA and other community resources.
The Outreach Specialist will;
- Delivers outreach and supportive services to veteran families
- Provides engagement and ongoing support
- Assists team members in the delivery of daily services, including providing positive modeling, peer counseling, support and encouragement to participants.
- Provide outreach through the distribution of materials, informational/educational presentations and marketing to community members and possible participants.
- Address crowds of varying sizes and offer program presentations.
- Provide resource and referral services to community members and possible participants, particularly for U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs services and entitlements, public benefits, and housing resources.
- Develop, assess and monitor strategic outreach plan and resources in conjunction with SSVF staff.
- Coordinate outreach in partnership with other SSVF and CoC programs.
- Interface with representatives from referring agencies and partnering service providers in order to facilitate the delivery of program services and a steady flow of referrals.
- Assist program participants with accessing needed community services (housing, employment, medical, psychological, substance abuse, vocational, food, clothing, etc.) through the development of a referral network, referral and follow up.
- Escort and engage Veterans in the community.
- Act as advocate for participants as appropriate; encourage and support self-advocacy.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with colleagues and program managers.
- Document all services in compliance with agency standards.
- Work as a member of the social service team in the development of on-site and off-site socialization, educational, risk reduction and skill building activities with a view towards permanent housing stability.
- Liaison to community based services and groups including civic, social service, government, businesses, landlords and non-profit organizations.
- Maintain a small caseload of SSVF households, navigating them through the SSVF service cycle and housing planning process.
- Participate in ongoing individual supervision, team meetings, case conferences, division meetings and trainings.
- Respond to information requests from internal SUS staff.
- Participate in SUS Veterans Service Fair(s) and other company events.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces.
- Good verbal and written communication skills needed.
- Familiarity with MS Office.
- Must have an ability to work with a team.
- Willingness and ability to travel across various locations regularly a must
- Fieldwork expected at least 50% of the workweek.
Position Summary:The Housing Specialist, SSVF works a member of the social service team to provide Rapid Rehousing and Homelessness Prevention services to veterans/veteran families; functions as a bridge between veterans and housing providers to empower program participants to overcome barriers and meet the goals identified on their individualized housing stability plans; identifies safe, affordable permanent housing options for clients; fosters relationships with landlords and to link each program participant with appropriate community supports to ensure their housing stability.
- Engage program participants by maintaining regular contact to monitor and track progress and response to services, including home visits and field work.
- Establish linkages and maintain solid working relationships with permanent housing providers, real estate brokers, managing agents, and landlords as a resource for participants.
- Develop a housing bank of available units and housing opportunities for qualified veteran families.
- Assess veteran families’ barriers to obtaining affordable permanent housing.
- Provide supportive social services including individual and group counseling, workshops, education, referrals, and escorting in an effort to prepare veterans for successfully securing and maintaining permanent housing.
- Assist veteran families with identifying and securing permanent affordable housing.
- Prepare and assist participants with the housing application/interview process.
- Provide accurate, complete, and timely documentation of the provision of supportive services and participant progression/regression toward the goals of securing permanent affordable housing.
- Track, monitor, and report housing placement rates for all participant families.
- Assist the social service staff in developing and implementing individualized housing stability plans with veterans/veteran families to address identified housing barriers for Homelessness Prevention and Rapid Rehousing services.
- Complete all necessary documentation to ensure compliance with funding requirements, and agency quality assurance standards.
- Advocate for veterans/veteran families at service providers and agencies in the community.
- Coordinate the provision of Temporary Financial Assistance with third-parties and agency personnel.
- Cultivate positive relationships with relevant funding and monitoring entities, faith based organizations, social service providers, and other community partners.
- Participate in appropriate community collaborations and activities.
- Participate in SSVF and Veterans Services team meetings.
- Respond to client needs promptly, accurately and with courtesy and respect. Model appropriate behavior. Represent the organization in a positive and appropriate manner to outside resources.
- Maintain the highest levels of confidentiality for clients and staff, restricting information to those who need to know only
Email Alert Options
You can save these search settings as an email alert, meaning an email will be sent to you every time a new opening matches your criteria. If you would like to create an email alert, please fill out the form below and click the save button.