Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Here are our current job openings. Please click on the job title for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
The system cannot access your location for 1 of 2 reasons:
- Permission to access your location has been denied. Please reload the page and allow the browser to access your location information.
- Your location information has yet to be received. Please wait a moment then hit [Search] again.
Click column header to sort
Under the supervision of the Senior Case manager, provide intensive case management for program participants and their families.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Conduct initial prescreen and assessment for prospective program participants.
- Provide intensive case management for program participants and their families which include arranging, coordinating, monitoring and delivering of services related to meeting their housing needs. Discuss the program and services with the clients from intake to discharge.
- Promote linkage with other service providers that will help participants obtain and maintain housing stability.
- Ensure community follow-up to engage the program participants in care; promote compliance with appointments and encourage self-sufficiency and empowerment.
- Monitor and evaluate program participants’ progress. Enter case related information into CARES within 48 hours of contact with clients.
- Assure timely intakes, assessments, service plans and referrals. Establish and maintain case records. Ensure all relevant case related information is put in case files and corresponding database.
- Responsible for developing an individualized housing and service plan, including path to housing stability.
- Timely, accurate submission of financial assistance requests. Link program participants to financial service providers for assistance with household budgeting, financial counseling, credit repair and financial workshops.
- Assist participants with obtaining employment services such as job training, job readiness and employment workshops.
- Advocate on behalf of program participants to ensure they receive work support services such as EITC, rental assistance, food stamps, Medicaid, subsidized childcare, etc.
- Arrange case conference with all primary agencies that are involved with clients, obtaining case records when necessary.
- Conduct home visits, case finding and outreach routinely to publicize the availability of the program to make persons who are homeless or almost homeless aware of HomeBase and other available services and program.
- Assist participants with understanding their lease, securing utilities, making moving arrangements.
- Outreach to property owners and mediate issues that help participants locate or retain housing.
- Actively participate in internal and external training programs and committees.
- Conduct Self-Sufficiency Calculator with clients.
- Complete additional tasks and reports as requested by the supervisor.
The Facilities Manager will be responsible for managing building maintenance and repairs, cleanliness, grounds keeping, fire safety, building evacuation, building security, consumer safety, and consumer hygiene.
- Develop regular cleaning and preventative building maintenance schedule.
- Responsible for managing, ordering, and inventory of maintenance tools and supplies, office equipment and supplies.
- Collaborate with Program Director around building maintenance budget management.
- Responsible for maintaining fire safety which includes:
- Developing Fire Safety plan and training all staff on Fire Safety Procedures and Building Evacuation.
- Oversee the coordination of monthly fire drills/building evacuation procedures and the maintenance of fire drill logs.
- Oversee periodic building inspections checking for any fire safety hazards or violations and all systems related to fire prevention (centralized fire alarm panel, sprinkler system, smoke detectors, and fire extinguishers).
- Coordinating servicing and documenting service/inspections of all fire safety equipment.
- Oversee the provision/posting of all written fire safety and prevention information to all staff and consumers and periodically revise/edit same as appropriate.
- Manage and oversee workload distribution for Porters.
- Prepare for DHS building inspections, and outside entities such as the Office of Temporary Disability Assistance, NYC Dept. of Buildings, and other state and city agencies.
- Complies with and enforces all SUS Employee Policies, Procedures, and Protocols, SUS Corporate Compliance Policies, and NYC - DHS Regulations, and Statutes.
- Coordinates with DHS on major building repairs as appropriate.
- Coordinates with vendors for extermination and laundry service and coordinate scheduling.
- Receive work orders, prioritize workload, and triage repairs.
- Responsible for program vehicle.
- Maintains CPR/ First Aid and Mandated Reporter Certification on annual basis.
- Any other duties assigned by the Program Director.
- Attend staff meetings and trainings as needed.
- A work schedule that includes some weekend and evening hours will be required.