The Care Coordinator will;
• Provide telephonic, written and face to face outreach and orientation services for each Health Home eligible client in order to facilitate Health Home enrollment and retention
• Utilize internet databases, health record systems, and other resources to explore client eligibility and contact information
• Utilize Electronic Health/Medical Record system(s) of assigned Health Home(s) to maintain ongoing clinical documentation and records upholding all HIPAA regulations and confidentiality protocols to record each interaction with every client served.
• Assist Care Coordinators in securing and identifying needed referrals to community and network medical, behavioral health and social assistance providers through telephonic, written, and/or face to face outreach, research, and maintenance of the program resource directory
• Provide follow up services via telephonic or face to face engagement with clients and service planning partners as needed to coordinate reminder calls, medication and wellness checks upon request from the Care Coordination team
• Participate in conjoint meetings or client transports with other Care Coordination staff
• Provide oral and/or written status updates regarding client alerts, progress, regress, and needs to responsible Care Coordinator(s) and supervisor, and any service providers, legal mandate, or other care plan affiliates as needed to assist the program and clients
• Attend meetings in the community
Services for the UnderServed (S:US) believes every New Yorker has the right to lead a life of purpose. Since 1978, S:US has been turning this belief into reality by advocating for people with life circumstances marked by homelessness, intellectual/developmental disability, behavioral health and addiction challenges, poverty, criminal justice involvement, and trauma. Our dedicated workforce of 2,400 provides services and supports to transform the lives of 35,000 individuals and families in New York City and Long Island. Learn more about S:US, our mission, and values by visiting sus.org.
Benefits Overview: We offer attractive compensation with comprehensive benefits including: Medical/Dental/Prescription/Vision/Life Insurance; 403(b); Credit Union; FSAs; Short-and-Long-Term Disability; Transportation Plan; Generous Paid Vacations and Holidays