Turn your passion for helping others into a fulfilling career at one of New York City’s most respected disability services organizations.
Services for the UnderServed (S:US) is hiring Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) to support people with intellectual/developmental disabilities in living their best life in a safe environment. Join our team to start your career in social services while learning from the best experts in the field.
S:US offers: Flexible scheduling, 1199 union benefits, and boasts a 10-percent internal promotion rate organization-wide!
This opportunity is available at our program located on Cruger Avenue in Bronx, NY so you can work close to home.
• Provide habilitation services to each client as prescribed in that client’s service plans (CFA, Individual Service plan, Habilitation plan)
• Assist each client, as needed, in skill development in areas such as activities of daily living, domestic living, recreation and socialization
• With appropriate training and supervision, administer medication to clients as assigned and in compliance with management, medical and nursing policies and procedures
• Ensure assigned clients’ nutritional needs are met according to prescribed diet, and assist with feeding as necessary
• Report immediately any observed/known deficiencies or own inability in providing habilitation services to clients, as well as all types of abuse and other facility problems, including physical plant/safety issues to management
Benefits Overview: We offer attractive compensation with comprehensive benefits including: Medical/Dental/Prescription/Vision/Life Insurance;403(b); Credit Union; FSAs; Short-and-Long-Term Disability; Transportation Plan; Generous Paid Vacations and Holidays
Keywords: Direct service professional, counselor, residential counselor, direct care counselor, habilitation specialist, human services, social services, social worker, case manager, health services, developmental disabilities, mental health behavioral health, OPWDD, OMRDD
SUS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Services for the UnderServed (S:US) believes every New Yorker has the right to lead a life of purpose. Since 1978, S:US has been turning this belief into reality by advocating for people with life circumstances marked by homelessness, intellectual/developmental disability, behavioral health and addiction challenges, poverty, criminal justice involvement, and trauma. Our dedicated workforce of 2,400 provides services and supports to transform the lives of 35,000 individuals and families in New York City and Long Island.