The incumbent will oversee the housing process and ensure the smooth implementation of housing-related and move out services. Additionally, to oversee the implementation of substance abuse services and collaborate to create a robust recreational calendar and increase client engagement.
- Provide supervisory oversight and training to housing specialists. Provide weekly one-on-one supervision to Housing Specialists.
- Establish linkages and maintain solid working relationships with supportive housing providers, real estate brokers, managing agents, and landlords as a resource for clients.
- Provide housing specialists with supervisory oversight to assess client readiness and barriers to obtaining affordable permanent housing. Work with case managers and housing specialists to assist with preparing clients for the housing process and interviews.
- Ensure clients are informed of all upcoming housing interviews and related appointments.
- Develop daily transportation and accompanying staff schedule for housing interviews, move outs, and other housing related appointments.
- Complete HRA2010E applications and assist clients in pursuing appropriate housing opportunities
- Provide supportive social services including individual and group counseling, a variety of groups, workshops, education, and referrals in an effort to prepare clients for successfully securing and maintaining permanent housing.
- Escort clients to all housing related appointments and interviews as needed.
- Provide accurate, complete, and timely documentation of the provision of supportive social services and client progression/regression toward the goals of securing permanent affordable housing.
- Attend housing related DHS meetings
- Maintains communication with DHS and other housing providers regarding housing vacancies, application and interviews
- Provide support to case managers when explaining the housing process or a particular client’s case to an individual case member.
- Maintain the various tracking lists, including but not limited to clients who are housing ready, progression through the program, move outs, vouchers and approvals, etc.
- Supervise Substance Abuse Counselor, who oversees peer specialists. Provide weekly supervision to substance abuse counselor.
- Monitor establishment and maintenance of linkages with substance abuse service providers.
- Maintain proper documentation and organized charts, in accordance with DHS, OTDA and SUS standards.
- Provide referrals for in-house and community-based medical, mental health, and supportive social services as appropriate.
- Manage crisis intervention services and addresses all emergency situations as appropriate.
- Maintain CPR/ First Aid Certification.
- Attend interdisciplinary team meetings and case conferences as needed.
- Participate in professional development activities such as in-service trainings, seminars, webinars, and conferences as needed.
- A work schedule that includes evening hours and on-call availability is required
- Other duties as required or as assigned by the Director of Social Services or designee
Will report to: Director of Social Services
Supervise: Housing Specialists and Substance Use Counselor
We offer attractive compensation with comprehensive benefits including: Medical/Dental/Prescription/Vision/Life Insurance;403(b); Credit Union; FSAs; Short-and-Long-Term Disability; Transportation Plan; Generous Paid Vacations and Holidays