The Homebase Case Manager is responsible for conducting comprehensive assessments of veterans/veteran families’ needs. The candidate will develop, implement, monitor, and evaluate individualized housing stability plans with each client. He or she will also provide short-term intensive case management to Veteran families to achieve their housing stability goals, while assisting Veterans in their transition to permanent housing.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Engage program participants by maintaining regular contact to monitor and track progress and response to services, including on-site services in shelter, home visits and frequent field work.
- Develop and implement individualized housing stability plans with Veterans/Veteran families to address identified housing barriers for Homelessness Prevention and Rapid Rehousing services.
- Monitor and evaluate client progress and adjust housing plan and/or service delivery as necessary.
- Complete all necessary documentation to ensure compliance with funding requirements, and agency quality assurance standards.
- Master DHS, Homebase and Veterans Services concepts, policies and procedures.
- Performs comprehensive assessments on clients according to agency standards.
- Assist program participants in identifying and accessing immediate housing options, aftercare, healthcare, employment/income support supports and other supportive services as needed, including DHS & Department of Veterans Affairs’ services and benefits.
- Advocate for veterans/veteran families at service providers and agencies in the community.
- Coordinate Housing First-oriented Rapid Rehousing and Homelessness Prevention services with program participants and the social service team.
- Assist veteran families with housing search and placement, including immediate placement into available housing units, and follow-up housing assessment and supports.
- Coordinate the provision of Temporary Financial Assistance with third-parties and agency personnel.
- Cultivate positive relationships with relevant funding and monitoring entities, faith based organizations, social service providers, and other community partners.
- Initiates and completes case closure when appropriate.
- Participate in DHS, Homebase and Veterans Services team meetings.
- Available for after-hours crisis response for intensive case management as needed.
- Respond to client needs promptly, accurately and with courtesy and respect. Model appropriate behavior. Represent the organization in a positive and appropriate manner to outside resources.
- Maintain the highest levels of confidentiality for clients and staff, restricting information to those who need to know only.
- Completion of other tasks as assigned by manager.
Maintain the highest levels of confidentiality for clients and staff, restricting information to those who need to know only.
We offer attractive compensation with comprehensive benefits including: Medical/Dental/Prescription/Vision/Life Insurance;403(b); Credit Union; FSAs; Short-and-Long-Term Disability; Transportation Plan; Generous Paid Vacations and Holidays