Services for the UnderServed (SUS) is a New York-based nonprofit organization that provides housing and support services to 25,000 individuals and their families living in New York City and Long Island. SUS believes every New Yorker has the right to lead a life of purpose.
For more than 40 years, SUS has been transforming this belief into reality by working as an advocate for people with life circumstances marked by intellectual/developmental disability, behavioral health challenges, poverty, & histories of incarceration and/or trauma.
We drive scalable solutions to transform the lives of people with disabilities, people in poverty and people facing homelessness: solutions that contribute to righting societal imbalances. Our commitment to continuous quality improvement impacts the lives of our clients and communities while contributing to the development of our employees.
We’re a nonprofit with a staff of 2,400 that provides $200 million in services. Our efforts are supported by various local, state and federal government entities as well as foundations, corporations and individual donors. Most importantly, our vision allows us to deliver the same quality of services to one individual or to thousands. No challenge is beyond our scope.
The Case Manager assesses clients’ needs, plans a course of action, links client to services and monitors progress. S/he must assure clients receive appropriate information and referrals to obtain and maintain housing.
Benefits Overview: We offer attractive compensation with comprehensive benefits including: Medical/Dental/Prescription/Vision/Life Insurance;403(b); Credit Union; FSAs; Short-and-Long-Term Disability; transportation plan; generous paid vacations and agency holidays.
EDUCATIONAL / TRAINING REQUIRED:
• CASAC, CASAC-T or related degree.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED / LANGUAGE PREFERENCE:
• Bi-lingual (Spanish/English)/bi-cultural.
• Direct experience in providing clients services to ATI population
• Knowledge of the complex interaction of multiple factors of substance abuse and mental health preferred with sensitivity to cultural and gender specific issues with both individual and families.
• Knowledge of Criminal Justice and related system, policies and procedures.
COMPUTER SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Basic computer skills required for tracking contractual targets.