Services for the UnderServed (SUS) is a New York-based nonprofit organization that provides housing and support services to 25,000 individuals and their families living in New York City and Long Island. SUS believes every New Yorker has the right to lead a life of purpose.
For more than 35 years, SUS has been transforming this belief into reality by working as an advocate for people with life circumstances marked by intellectual/developmental disability, behavioral health challenges, poverty, & histories of incarceration and/or trauma.
We drive scalable solutions to transform the lives of people with disabilities, people in poverty and people facing homelessness: solutions that contribute to righting societal imbalances. Our commitment to continuous quality improvement impacts the lives of our clients and communities while contributing to the development of our employees.
Position Summary: The Recruiter will partner with program Hiring Managers in the full cycle recruitment process.
- Perform full-cycle recruiting activities including sourcing, screening, interviewing, process background checks, and extend and negotiate employment offers
- Develop and maintain pools/pipelines of candidates for immediate or future consideration
- Build and maintain a strong rapport with all managers; routine communication and follow-up is essential
- Visit all of our program locations, and meet with managers to gain better understanding of recruitment needs
- Participate in and prepare materials for open houses, career fairs, campus interviews & community days to aid in branding SUS as an employer of choice
- Provide information on agency services and job opportunities to applicants
- Screen and refer qualified applicants to hiring managers for interviewing by matching education, experience and salary requirements with specific job requirements
- Ensure the completion of and review necessary new hire on boarding documents with candidates. Resolve or escalate issues with PPDs as well as fingerprint and background check results through Justice Center, OPWDD and OCFS
- Remain current with OPWDD/Justice Center regulations by through training and compliance, and providing all forms in the required time-frames; ensure that all applicants are tracked and released from OPWDD/Justice Center database when not hired
- Provide a professional and welcoming atmosphere when sourcing and interviewing candidates
- Establish regular touch points with hiring managers and be diligent with follow through
- Track, maintain, and improve recruitment metrics
- All other duties as assigned
Benefits Overview: We offer attractive compensation with comprehensive benefits including: Medical/Dental/Prescription/Vision/Life Insurance;403(b); Credit Union; FSAs; Short-and-Long-Term Disability; Transportation Plan; Generous Paid Vacations and Holidays