Company Overview: As a leading provider of residential and support services to individuals with special needs, Services for the UnderServed provides the resources you need to build on your experience amidst our culture of team support. Ongoing training and attention to your development help to ensure your success. Your achievements and leadership are rewarded by advancement opportunities. Our commitment to continuous quality improvement impacts the lives of our clients and communities while contributing to the development of our employees.
Position Summary: The Entitlements Specialist is responsible for assisting Services for the Underserved consumers with entitlements and ensures that consumer’s benefits are maintained for eligibility. This individual will also assist consumers through the eligibility process for the appropriate benefits.
- Review entitlements for perspective individuals
- Complete entitlements assessment to determine all benefit individuals is eligible
- Assist individual in obtain replacement social security cards and/or birth certificate
- Assist individual with initial SNA-Public Assistance (Immediate Needs Grant), SSI, SSDI, VA, Food Stamp (expedited and restaurant allowance), Medicaid application(s)
- Assist individual with applying for furniture allowance upon housing placement
- Assist individual with submission of SSI redetermination, food stamp recertification, Medicaid renewal, , SSDI continuing disability review, and Public Assistance face-to-face in a timely manner
- Escort individual to various government and city agencies ( Social Security Administration, HRA-Public Assistance, Medicaid and food stamp offices)
- Work with program and Finance on potential entitlements issues with individual
- Keep active updated record of individual entitlements
- Assist and follow-up on consumers correspondence receive from various city and government agencies via phone, mail and/or fax
- Keep and maintain an active entitlement file
- Maintain entitlement’s module in AWARDS data base
- Process appeals, advocate and pursues legal channels to obtain funding for consumers who have been denied entitlements
- Represent individual and agency at consumer administrative hearings
- Keep abreast of public policy issues and new developments in the field an communicate the same to management
- Attend information trainings and seminars to remain current on trends and entitlements system changes
- Regularly required to travel to sites in and outside the organization
- Conduct training with individuals and staff on regulations and laws pertaining to benefits.
Benefits Overview: We offer attractive compensation with comprehensive benefits including: Medical/Dental/Prescription/Vision/Life Insurance;403(b); Credit Union; FSAs; Short-and-Long-Term Disability; Transportation Plan; Generous Paid Vacations and Holidays