Company Overview: As a leading provider of residential and support services to individuals with special needs, Services for the UnderServed provides the resources you need to build on your experience amidst our culture of team support. Ongoing training and attention to your development help to ensure your success. Your achievements and leadership are rewarded by advancement opportunities. Our commitment to continuous quality improvement impacts the lives of our clients and communities while contributing to the development of our employees.
Position Summary: The Assistant Program Director ensures that client needs are met and the effective day-to-day operation of the facility.
- Prepares staff schedules of Supervisor and Program Specialists. Includes responsibility for vacation, personal, and sick leaves as well as maintaining coverage during any emergency periods of staff shortages
- Ensures appropriate staffing pattern as per facility policy.
- Conducts scheduled supervisor meetings to discuss programmatic and staffing issues
- Evaluates individual work performance of all Supervisors through observations, and performance counseling.
- Assist Program Manager in devising and executing relevant agency/program policy, in accordance with OMRDD and/or other funding agency guidelines.
- Conducts frequent rounds on all shifts and submits report to Program Manager, to ensure that safety and health requirements are observed, that the physical environment is comfortable and stimulating and that quality consumer care and programming are provided.
- Performs responsibilities of a medical assistant: Tracking appointments, Communicating with the CMS, Nurse, relevant doctors and managers, Ensures accuracy of medication inventory, records and orders refills when necessary, Track and follow up on medical appointments to ensure individuals’ good health, Complete medical referral forms, Complete monthly medical book reviews
- Ensures coordination by supervisors of all transportation activities to assure maximum use of transportation services for day programming, recreation services, medical, and special requirements.
- Ensures the timely receipt and ongoing availability of all consumers’ needs (toilet items, clothing, and personal effects).
- Prepares Day Program progress reports at ITT reviews as assigned.
- Distributes petty cash funds to the Supervisor or collects petty cash receipts and submits them to the Program Manager.
- Conducts monthly fire evacuation drills including all staff members on all shifts.
- Participates in admission and discharge reviews and makes recommendations to Program Manager.
- Develops monthly recreation schedule in consult with Recreation Coordinator.
- Implements and monitors in-house and community recreational activities, providing hand-on assistance as needed.