Services for the UnderServed (SUS) is a New York-based nonprofit organization that provides housing and support services to 25,000 individuals and their families living in New York City and Long Island. SUS believes every New Yorker has the right to lead a life of purpose.
For more than 35 years, SUS has been transforming this belief into reality by working as an advocate for people with life circumstances marked by intellectual/developmental disability, behavioral health challenges, poverty, & histories of incarceration and/or trauma.
We drive scalable solutions to transform the lives of people with disabilities, people in poverty and people facing homelessness: solutions that contribute to righting societal imbalances. Our commitment to continuous quality improvement impacts the lives of our clients and communities while contributing to the development of our employees.
To monitor and ensure active treatment, safety and respect of individual rights for clients.
- Supervises and instructs all Direct Support Professionals on shift
- Support the overall functioning of the program during the absence of the Program Director
- Responsible for individual and agency funds and expenditures during shift (petty cash, individual
- monies, recreation etc.)
- Ensures coverage of a shift when a Direct Support Professional is absent
- Acts as a functioning member of the staff, meeting the needs of the individuals
- Responsible for the physical condition of the Day Habilitation site including agency vehicles;
- ensuring they are maintained and in safe and sanitary condition
- Participates in staff meetings, supervisors’ workshops, interdisciplinary team (IDT) and committee
- meetings as assigned
- Ensures fire drill completion on shift
- Assesses and monitors staff productivity on an ongoing basis
- Responds appropriately to community, family and agency contacts as necessary
- Establishes staff assignments based daily
- Meets with Program Director on a regular basis to discuss pertinent issues
- Provides supervisory counseling and discipline to Direct Support Professional as necessary