Services for the UnderServed (SUS) is a New York-based nonprofit organization that provides housing and support services to 25,000 individuals and their families living in New York City and Long Island. SUS believes every New Yorker has the right to lead a life of purpose.
For more than 35 years, SUS has been transforming this belief into reality by working as an advocate for people with life circumstances marked by intellectual/developmental disability, behavioral health challenges, poverty, & histories of incarceration and/or trauma.
We drive scalable solutions to transform the lives of people with disabilities, people in poverty and people facing homelessness: solutions that contribute to righting societal imbalances. Our commitment to continuous quality improvement impacts the lives of our clients and communities while contributing to the development of our employees.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage and monitor all aspects of the development of a nutritious daily menu and meal preparation for consumers including those with special diets.
- Prepare low-fat, salt-free, vegetarian and soft meal options to meet special dietary and medically prescribed needs of residents.
- Perform inventory of food, inspect kitchen equipment and report any equipment repairs needed.
- Investigate and address complaints regarding food quality or service.
- Safe and sanitary handling and storage of all food items in accordance with New York State and New York City Department of Health regulations.
- Responsible for general supervision of kitchen area, including overall cleanliness, maintenance of equipment, utensils, and supplies, and the ability to provide instruction to cooks.
- Oversee food preparation, portion sizes, and the overall presentation of food
- Collaborate with Food Service Director around food service/training budget management.
- Attend staff meetings, supervisions, and trainings as needed.
- Maintain CPR/ First Aid Certification.
- Annual TB Clearance is required.
- Enforce all SUS Corporate Compliance and Employee Policies, Procedures, and Protocols.
- Enforce and carry out SUS Incident Management Policies, Procedures, and Protocols as appropriate.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Director of Food Services.
- A work schedule that includes some weekend and evening hours will be required.
We offer attractive compensation with comprehensive benefits including: Medical/Dental/Prescription/Vision/Life Insurance;403(b); Credit Union; FSAs; Short-and-Long-Term Disability; Transportation Plan; Generous Paid Vacations and Holidays