Company Overview: As a leading provider of residential and support services to individuals with special needs, Services for the UnderServed provides the resources you need to build on your experience amidst our culture of team support. Ongoing training and attention to your development help to ensure your success. Your achievements and leadership are rewarded by advancement opportunities. Our commitment to continuous quality improvement impacts the lives of our clients and communities while contributing to the development of our employees.
The Service Coordinator ensures the best quality of care and services for program consumers (and their families, as appropriate) in the Mental Health Division.
- Provide case management to assigned caseload.
- Develop and monitor individual service plans in conjunction with agency consumers.
- Assist agency consumers with accessing needed community services (medical, psychological, substance abuse, vocational, food, clothing, etc.) through the development of a referral network, referral and follow up.
- Assist agency consumers with problem solving and crisis intervention.
- Accompany agency consumers on medical, psychiatric, and public benefit appointments, as necessary.
- Act as advocate for consumer as appropriate; encourage and support self- advocacy.
- Identification of any problems in daily living skills; hands on assistance and/or referral in addressing problems in daily living skills.
- Support Facilities Management staff in ensuring maintenance of apartment standards as outlined by SUS and OMH.
- Supportive counseling to agency consumers as needed.
- Regular home visits and hospital visits, as necessary.
- Maintenance of a strong working relationship with all therapeutic support services to ensure the best quality of care.
- Documentation of all services in compliance with agency standards
- Assist with moves with consumers and staff; also include lifting, packing and cleaning
- Work as a member of the social service team in the development of off-site recreation, socialization, educational and skill building activities with a view towards community inclusion and integration.
- Liaison to community based services and groups including civic, social service government, and business organizations.
- Participate in ongoing individual and group supervision, team meetings, case conferences, division meetings and trainings
- Adhere to on call beeper/cell phone system to facilitate crisis intervention, emergencies and other situations that require immediate action.
Benefits Overview: We offer attractive compensation with comprehensive benefits including: Medical/Dental/Prescription/Vision/Life Insurance;403(b); Credit Union; FSAs; Short-and-Long-Term Disability; Transportation Plan; Generous Paid Vacations and Holidays