Services for the UnderServed (SUS) is a New York-based nonprofit organization that provides housing and support services to 25,000 individuals and their families living in New York City and Long Island. SUS believes every New Yorker has the right to lead a life of purpose.
For more than 35 years, SUS has been transforming this belief into reality by working as an advocate for people with life circumstances marked by intellectual/developmental disability, behavioral health challenges, poverty, & histories of incarceration and/or trauma.
We drive scalable solutions to transform the lives of people with disabilities, people in poverty and people facing homelessness: solutions that contribute to righting societal imbalances. Our commitment to continuous quality improvement impacts the lives of our clients and communities while contributing to the development of our employees.
Position Summary: The Talent Acquisition Manager will provide support and best practices recommendations to line managers and senior members of Human Resources and Program departments in the interest of aligning recruitment, selection and retention strategies and procedures to organization goals.
- Perform full-cycle employment activities including sourcing, screening, interviewing, processing background checks, and extending and negotiating employment offers
- Build and maintain a strong rapport with all managers; routine communication and follow-up is essential
- Develop recruitment strategies for exempt and non-exempt personnel to achieve required staffing levels
- Visit all of our program locations, and meet with managers to develop program-specific recruiting plans
- Coordinate logistics and plan materials for sourcing partnerships with college representatives, professional organizations & community agencies through open houses, career fairs, campus interviews & community days
- Write and place advertisements using various sources such as employment agencies, colleges and universities, newspapers, professional associations and the internet. Perform outreach to community sources as needed
- Provide information on agency services and job opportunities to applicants. Screen and refer qualified applicants to hiring managers for interviewing by matching education, experience and salary requirements with specific job requirements
- Provide management support, including – but not limited to – vacancy statistics, monthly employment activity records, correspondence, record-keeping, file maintenance, and other Human Resources data management and reporting
- Coordinate, confirm and review necessary new hire on boarding documents with candidates and HR staff. Resolve escalated issues with PPD, fingerprint and background check results through Justice Center, OPWDD and third-party background checks with vendor (Hire Right)
- Remain current with OPWDD/Justice Center regulations by through training and compliance, and providing all forms in the required time-frames; ensure that all applicants are tracked and released from The Justice Center database when not hired
We offer attractive compensation with comprehensive benefits including: Medical/Dental/Prescription/Vision/Life Insurance;403(b); Credit Union; FSAs; Short-and-Long-Term Disability; Transportation Plan; Generous Paid Vacations and Holidays