Company Overview: As a leading provider of residential and support services to individuals with special needs, Services for the UnderServed provides the resources you need to build on your experience amidst our culture of team support. Ongoing training and attention to your development help to ensure your success. Your achievements and leadership are rewarded by advancement opportunities. Our commitment to continuous quality improvement impacts the lives of our clients and communities while contributing to the development of our employees.
The Residential Aide will be responsible for providing a variety of support services in a residential shelter setting to assist with the supervision and safety of individuals through a recovery rehabilitative focus of care.
- Maintain daily census and become familiar with consumer population.
- Establish and maintain appropriate staff/consumer boundaries and direct consumers to the appropriate staff or department in order to address their needs.
- Provide guidance and information to consumers around the daily activity schedule, House Rules, Program Policies and Procedures, Grievance Procedures, and Client Rights.
- Monitor consumer behavior to ensure compliance with House Rules, Program Policies, and Procedures.
- Monitor facility exterior and interior to ensure consumer safety, prevent damage and/or theft of agency property, and to prevent fire or other emergency/crisis situations.
- Responsible for laundering bed linens, bathroom towels, kitchens towels, and all other washable items used in the facility by consumers and staff.
- Assist consumers in the laundering of their personal clothes and items during assigned laundry times.
- Assist in meal service. Monitor consumers during mealtimes and all other activities taking place within the facility.
- May be responsible for cleaning program areas after or before usage.
- Provide guidance to consumers in proper upkeep of living quarters, personal hygiene and grooming, appropriate attire, attendance at meals, in-house vocational training, and participation in other support service activities.
- Prepare and distribute hygiene supplies and other living supplies to consumers.
- Manage clothing donations/clothing closet.
- Drive program vehicle to drop off/pick up shelter residents at appointments, housing interviews, job interviews, training sites, partnering organizations, etc. as assigned.
- Accompany shelter residents to appointments as assigned.
- Conduct periodic building and grounds inspections and make shift supervisor aware of findings.
- Respond to crisis and emergency situations and contact the appropriate authorities as needed.
- Assist House Managers with fire drills and building evacuations during emergencies and provide consumer with fire safety and prevention information as needed.
- Participate in ongoing individual supervision, team meetings, case conferences, division meetings and trainings as appropriate.
- Adhere to on call system to facilitate crisis intervention, emergencies, and other situations that require immediate action.
- Maintain CPR/ First Aid Certification.
- A work schedule that includes some weekend and evening hours will be required.
- Perform other duties related to the program as delegated by the House Managers and/or Assistant Director, Facility Operations.
Benefits Overview: We offer attractive compensation with comprehensive benefits including: Medical/Dental/Prescription/Vision/Life Insurance;403(b); Credit Union; FSAs; Short-and-Long-Term Disability; Transportation Plan; Generous Paid Vacations and Holidays