Services for the UnderServed (SUS) is a New York-based nonprofit organization that provides housing and support services to 25,000 individuals and their families living in New York City and Long Island. SUS believes every New Yorker has the right to lead a life of purpose.
For more than 35 years, SUS has been transforming this belief into reality by working as an advocate for people with life circumstances marked by intellectual/developmental disability, behavioral health challenges, poverty, & histories of incarceration and/or trauma.
We drive scalable solutions to transform the lives of people with disabilities, people in poverty and people facing homelessness: solutions that contribute to righting societal imbalances. Our commitment to continuous quality improvement impacts the lives of our clients and communities while contributing to the development of our employees.
Position Summary: The Start Coordinator will provide community-based crisis intervnetion and prevention services for individuals with intellectional and developmental disabilities and mental health needs.
- Must work a designated number of hours each week
- Participate in didactic trainings and additional trainings as required
- Provide systemic consultation
- Participate in National Center for START Services trainings and events
- Prepare agendas and document outcomes for individual mentoring sessions held with Center for START Services
- Maintain linkages and relationships with community partners
- Assist with referrals for consultation and treatment as needed
- Ensure the coordination of support meetings and crisis plan development for individuals served through START
- Participate in recurring meetings with START leadership, clinical team, and Resource Center program
- Provide home visits and visits to day and vocational settings as needed
- Develop Comprehensive Service Evaluations, Cross-System Crisis Prevention and Intervention Plans, intake/assessments, intervention and outcome plans for Resource Center admissions or inpatient hospital admissions and any other applicable documentation of services provided
- Maintain an active caseload of individuals referred for START Services (variability occurs depending on activity level of cases and the project scope)
- Provide on-call support on a rotational basis as part of a START Team
Participate in the START Network, which brings together projects from across North America through an online resource center, conference calls, select study groups and a meeting at an annual conference as recommended
Benefits Overview: We offer attractive compensation with comprehensive benefits including: Medical/Dental/Prescription/Vision/Life Insurance;403(b); Credit Union; FSAs; Short-and-Long-Term Disability; Transportation Plan; Generous Paid Vacations and Holidays