We envision a city where everyone has a roof over their head, is healthy, productive and can enjoy the social connections that create a life of purpose.
Founded in 1978, Services for the UnderServed (SUS) works with more than 25,000 individuals and families to create pathways to rich and productive lives by offering housing, employment, skills-building, treatment and rehabilitation. By delivering high quality services that address the complex circumstances of each person, we transform lives, improve neighborhoods and boost future generations. With a staff of 2,000, SUS is supported by various local, state and federal government agencies as well as foundations, corporations and individuals donors.
Providing close to $200 Million in services, SUS is headquartered in New York City and operates its programs and services throughout the 5 boroughs.
The Housing Coordinator ensures the quality of care for program participants who are living with HIV/AIDS. This individual will help to prepare program participants for permanent housing and assist in their placement in permanent housing.
sential Job Functions:
- Establish linkages and maintain solid working relationships with supportive housing providers, real estate brokers, managing agents, and landlords as a resource for consumers.
- Assess consumer readiness and barriers to obtaining affordable permanent housing. Work with case managers to assist with preparing consumers for the housing process.
- Complete HRA2010E applications and assist consumers in pursuing appropriate housing opportunities
- Provide supportive social services including individual and group counseling, workshops, education, referrals, and escorting in an effort to prepare consumers for successfully securing and maintaining permanent housing.
- Prepare and assist consumers with the housing application/interview process. Escort clients to all housing related appointments and interviews.
- Provide accurate, complete, and timely documentation of the provision of supportive social services and consumer progression/regression toward the goals of securing permanent affordable housing.
- Track, monitor, and report housing placement rates for all consumers.
- Attend housing related DHS meetings.
- Provide aftercare services, follow-up calls and home visits, to clients placed in permanent housing.
- Provide comprehensive case management services to an assigned caseload.
- Monitor and assess consumer progression/regression in behavior and/or appearance.
- Maintain proper documentation and organized charts, in accordance with DHS, OTDA and SUS standards.
- Provide referrals for in-house and community-based medical, mental health, and supportive social services to assigned caseload as appropriate.
- Manage crisis intervention services and addresses all emergency situations as appropriate.
- Maintain CPR/ First Aid Certification.
- Attend interdisciplinary team meetings and case conferences as needed.
- Participate in professional development activities such as in-service trainings, seminars, webinars, and conferences as needed.
- A work schedule that includes evening hours will be required.
We offer attractive compensation with comprehensive benefits including: Medical/Dental/Prescription/Vision/Life Insurance;403(b); Credit Union; FSAs; Short-and-Long-Term Disability; Transportation Plan; Generous Paid Vacations and Holidays