Services for the UnderServed (SUS) is a New York-based nonprofit organization that provides housing and support services to 25,000 individuals and their families living in New York City and Long Island. SUS believes every New Yorker has the right to lead a life of purpose.
For more than 35 years, SUS has been transforming this belief into reality by working as an advocate for people with life circumstances marked by intellectual/developmental disability, behavioral health challenges, poverty, & histories of incarceration and/or trauma.
We drive scalable solutions to transform the lives of people with disabilities, people in poverty and people facing homelessness: solutions that contribute to righting societal imbalances. Our commitment to continuous quality improvement impacts the lives of our clients and communities while contributing to the development of our employees.
Purpose: To provide clients with skills for independent living in a safe environment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide habilitation services to each client as prescribed in that client’s service plans (CFA, Individual Service plan, Habilitation plan)
- Assist each client, as needed, in skill development in areas such as activities of daily living, domestic living, recreation, socialization
- Ensure that each assigned client is well-groomed, including hairstyle, finger and toenail trimming, good oral and personal hygiene
- Ensure that each assigned client’s living area is clean and tidy
- Assist assigned clients, as needed, in selecting clothing by suggesting appropriate attire and color combinations
- Ensure assigned clients’ nutritional needs are met according to prescribed diet, and assist with feeding, as necessary
- Report immediately any observed/known deficiencies or own inability in providing habilitation services to clients, as well as all types of abuse, other facility problems, including physical plant/safety issues, to management
- Attend and participate in meetings, conferences and training sessions as assigned or scheduled.
- Carry out all policies and procedures of the agency issued by management in accordance with OPWDD or other funding agency guidelines.
- With appropriate training and supervision, administer medication to clients as assigned and in compliance with management, medical and nursing policies and procedures
- Serve as a positive role model for clients
- Ensure all interactions support the core values and mission of the agency
- Additional responsibilities as deemed necessary and/or appropriate by the Program Manager and/or designee.
- Provide resident/program support:
- Participate in meetings as assigned including supervisory and service planning meetings
- Assist in the organization and maintenance of common areas where indicated
- Participate in a 24/7 crisis response rotation, as indicated
Adhere diligently to all life-safety policies and procedures
We offer attractive compensation with comprehensive benefits including: Medical/Dental/Prescription/Vision/Life Insurance;403(b); Credit Union; FSAs; Short-and-Long-Term Disability; Transportation Plan; Generous Paid Vacations and Holidays