Services for the UnderServed (SUS) is a New York-based nonprofit organization that provides housing and support services to 25,000 individuals and their families living in New York City and Long Island. SUS believes every New Yorker has the right to lead a life of purpose.
For more than 35 years, SUS has been transforming this belief into reality by working as an advocate for people with life circumstances marked by intellectual/developmental disability, behavioral health challenges, poverty, & histories of incarceration and/or trauma.
We drive scalable solutions to transform the lives of people with disabilities, people in poverty and people facing homelessness: solutions that contribute to righting societal imbalances. Our commitment to continuous quality improvement impacts the lives of our clients and communities while contributing to the development of our employees.
Under the supervision of the Facility Manager provides shift coverage, with possibility of flexible, rotating shift schedule, and weekend coverage.
flexible, rotating shift schedule, and weekend coverage.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Provide direct crisis intervention to clients and prepares incident reports of such interventions
- Monitor client when they are taking their medication if necessary
- Inform staff of any prescriptions given to client that must be filled (especially 12am-8am and weekend shifts)
- Brief incoming shifts of status of the facility (which includes all clients in and out of facility)
- Give verbal and written warnings to clients and hand out appropriate consequences such as extra chores, removal of store and telephone privileges
- Inform treatment staff of any concerns via an entry in communication logbook or a note in treatment staff mailbox
- Make copies of forms to be utilize for store passes, cigarette distribution, meal checklists, etc.
- Serve as staff escort when necessary
- Partake in educational training to enhance skills related to job function
- Performs various other tasks and responsibilities (i.e. facilitate morning/evening focus group
- Participate in staff meetings as required
- Provide coverage in the cafeteria during meal times, monitor the client bed area and remove any unnecessary items in accordance with DHS rules
- Coordinate and oversee morning/dispatches, petty cash (tokens, carfare, and lunch and dinner money) and escorts for clients as assigned and needed
- Hourly house/room rounds and recording of time and findings in communications logbook on all shifts
- Keep supervisor informed of all relevant information regarding the residents and the program
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS MAY INCLUDE:
- Other duties as requested by supervisor