Services for the UnderServed (SUS) is a New York-based nonprofit organization that provides housing and support services to 25,000 individuals and their families living in New York City and Long Island. SUS believes every New Yorker has the right to lead a life of purpose.For more than 35 years, SUS has been transforming this belief into reality by working as an advocate for people with life circumstances marked by intellectual/developmental disability, behavioral health challenges, poverty, & histories of incarceration and/or trauma.We drive scalable solutions to transform the lives of people with disabilities, people in poverty and people facing homelessness: solutions that contribute to righting societal imbalances. Our commitment to continuous quality improvement impacts the lives of our clients and communities while contributing to the development of our employees.
KKEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Provides direct crisis intervention to residents and prepare incident report of such intervention.
- Conducts hourly house/room rounds
- Records time and findings in the communication log book on all shifts
- Issues verbal and written warnings to clients and assign appropriate consequences.
- Is available for emergency shift changes when necessary
- Updates incoming shifts of status of the facility which includes all clients in and out of facility.
- Participates and supervises the night activities for the residents and their children, which includes movie night, art, crafts, and games, etc.
- Supervises residents’ participation in adult daily living skills and other recreational activities
- Conducts room inspections as assigned and needed.
- Supervises clients’ adherence to program rules and regulations.
- Maintains direct communication with treatment staff of any client concerns
- Conducts regularly schedule building rounds, room checks and documents all repair needs to ensure absence of potentially dangerous conditions.
- Keeps supervisor informed of all relevant information regarding the residents and the program.
AADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS MAY INCLUDE:
- Performs various other tasks and responsibilities as appropriate and required.