Turn your passion for helping others into a fulfilling career at one of New York City’s most respected disability services organizations.
Services for the UnderServed (S:US) is hiring Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) to support people with intellectual/developmental disabilities in living their best life in a safe environment. Join our team to start your career in social services while learning from the best experts in the field.
S:US offers: Flexible scheduling and 1199 union benefits.This opportunity is available at our program located in Hillburn Ave in Hollis NY
The minimum and maximum salary for this position is $17.00 per hour. Overtime is eligible.
• Provide habilitation services to each client as prescribed in that client’s service plans (CFA, Individual Service plan, Habilitation plan)
• Assist each client, as needed, in skill development in areas such as activities of daily living, domestic living, recreation and socialization
• With appropriate training and supervision, administer medication to clients as assigned and in compliance with management, medical and nursing policies and procedures
• Ensure assigned clients’ nutritional needs are met according to prescribed diet, and assist with feeding as necessary
• Report immediately any observed/known deficiencies or own inability in providing habilitation services to clients, as well as all types of abuse and other facility problems, including physical plant/safety issues to management
Benefits Overview: We offer attractive compensation with comprehensive benefits including: Medical/Dental/Prescription/Vision/Life Insurance;403(b); Credit Union; FSAs; Short-and-Long-Term Disability; Transportation Plan; Generous Paid Vacations and Holidays
Keywords: Direct service professional, counselor, residential counselor, direct care counselor, habilitation specialist, human services, social services, social worker, case manager, health services, developmental disabilities, mental health behavioral health, OPWDD, OMRDD
Effective August 30, 2021, unless granted a reasonable accommodation for disability, all new hires must show proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus. If hired for one of our city sponsored programs, this requirement must be met by your date of hire.
SUS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Join a team of employees who cares about the wellbeing of others. We believe in fostering a culture built on our core values: respect, integrity, support, maximizing individual potential and continuous quality improvement. S:US is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. S:US is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities, including allowance of the use of services animals. To request reasonable accommodation or if you believe such a request was improperly handled or denied, contact the Director of Recruitment.