Turn your passion for helping others into a fulfilling career at one of New York City’s most respected disability services organizations.
Services for the UnderServed (S:US) is hiring Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) to support people with intellectual/developmental disabilities in living their best life in a safe environment. Join our team to start your career in social services while learning from the best experts in the field.
S:US offers: Flexible scheduling, 1199 union benefits, and boasts a 10-percent internal promotion rate organization-wide!
This opportunity is available at our program located on East 163rd Street in (South) Bronx, NY.
• Assists each consumer in skill development in areas such as independent living, adaptive behaviors, socialization, recreation and activities of daily living.
• Supervises consumers in the community, using various experiences to reinforce skills being taught in group session while ensuring their safety.
• Leads group sessions with consumers and facilitate the discussions to provide learning skills to be used in their community.
• Provides annual and semi-annual progress reports regarding valued outcomes.
• Assesses the needs of lower functioning and/or non-verbal consumers through observations and evaluations; their valued outcomes will be developed and addressed.
• Provides input and ensures compliance with the valued outcomes in the ISP and Day Habilitation Plan.
• Provides weekly documentation of outcomes being worked towards with each individual in accordance with his/her Day Habilitation Plan.
Benefits Overview: We offer attractive compensation with comprehensive benefits including: Medical/Dental/Prescription/Vision/Life Insurance;403(b); Credit Union; FSAs; Short-and-Long-Term Disability; Transportation Plan; Generous Paid Vacations and Holidays
• High School Diploma or GED is required. Associates Degree preferred.
• At least one year experience providing direct care services to adults with a developmental disability.
• AMAP certified, SCIP-R trained, CPR & First Aid Trained
• Valid NYS Driver’s license and must be able to pass insurance criteria
Keywords: Direct service professional, counselor, residential counselor, direct care counselor, habilitation specialist, human services, social services, social worker, case manager, health services, developmental disabilities, mental health behavioral health, OPWDD, OMRDD
Effective August 30, 2021, unless granted a reasonable accommodation for disability, all new hires must show proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus. If hired for one of our city sponsored programs, this requirement must be met by your date of hire.
SUS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Join a team of employees who cares about the wellbeing of others. We believe in fostering a culture built on our core values: respect, integrity, support, maximizing individual potential and continuous quality improvement. S:US is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. S:US is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities, including allowance of the use of services animals. To request reasonable accommodation or if you believe such a request was improperly handled or denied, contact the Director of Recruitment.