Turn your passion for helping others into a fulfilling career at one of New York City’s most respected disability services organizations.
Services for the UnderServed (S:US) is hiring Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) to support people with intellectual/developmental disabilities in living their best life in a safe environment. Join our team to start your career in social services while learning from the best experts in the field.
S:US offers: Flexible scheduling, 1199 union benefits, and boasts a 10-percent internal promotion rate organization-wide!
This opportunity is available at our program located on Broadway in (Harlem) New York, NY.
• Provide habilitation services to each client as prescribed in that client’s service plans (CFA, Individual Service plan, Habilitation plan)
• Assist each client, as needed, in skill development in areas such as activities of daily living, domestic living, recreation and socialization
• With appropriate training and supervision, administer medication to clients as assigned and in compliance with management, medical and nursing policies and procedures
• Ensure assigned clients’ nutritional needs are met according to prescribed diet, and assist with feeding as necessary
• Report immediately any observed/known deficiencies or own inability in providing habilitation services to clients, as well as all types of abuse and other facility problems, including physical plant/safety issues to management
Benefits Overview: We offer attractive compensation with comprehensive benefits including: Medical/Dental/Prescription/Vision/Life Insurance;403(b); Credit Union; FSAs; Short-and-Long-Term Disability; Transportation Plan; Generous Paid Vacations and Holidays
• HS Diploma or GED required, Associates Degree preferred
• One year’s experience providing direct services to developmentally disabled persons preferred
• Valid NYS Driver’s license and must be able to pass insurance criteria
• Preferred Certifications: AMAP, SCIP-R, CPR & First Aid
Keywords: Direct service professional, counselor, residential counselor, direct care counselor, habilitation specialist, human services, social services, social worker, case manager, health services, developmental disabilities, mental health behavioral health, OPWDD, OMRDD
Effective August 30, 2021, unless granted a reasonable accommodation for disability, all new hires must show proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus. If hired for one of our city sponsored programs, this requirement must be met by your date of hire.
SUS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER