Services for the UnderServed (S:US) is seeking a Case Manager for our Davidson Transitional Mens Shelter in the Bronx.
The Case Manager provides and coordinates client services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Conduct intake process with new clients within 24 hours of admission; includes but is not limited to explanation of resident rights and responsibilities, and grievance procedures
• Conduct psychosocial, vocational/educational, and housing assessments and documentation of same
• Provide accurate, complete, and timely documentation of the provision of supportive social services and client progression/regression toward the goals of securing permanent affordable housing
• Prepare housing applications and assist clients with the housing application/interview process.
• Monitor and assess client progression/regression in behavior and/or appearance
• Facilitate group and individual counseling, workshops, psych education, and recreational activities
• Conduct room/dorm visits/inspections to assess client personal hygiene, room cleanliness, and overall ADL skills
• Provide comprehensive case management services to an assigned caseload
• Develop initial service plans and conduct service plan reviews as needed for an assigned caseload
• Provide referrals for in-house and community-based medical, mental health, and supportive social services to assigned caseload as appropriate
• Ensure that clients attend meals and maintain appropriate nutritional intake
• Provide crisis intervention and address all emergency situations as appropriate
• Assist in building evacuation during fire drills and building emergencies
• Monitor client medication compliance and collaborate with nursing staff monitor compliance
• Refer clients to appropriate community resources as needed
• Maintain CPR/First Aid Certification
• Maintain up to date, accurate, complete, and timely client chart documentation in compliance with DHS, OTDA, other Funder and SUS standards
• Facilitate discharge/transfer process and documentation of same
• Attend staff meetings, case conferences, group supervision, trainings, and escort clients on housing interviews as needed
• Comply with all SUS Employee Policies, Procedures, and Protocols, SUS Corporate Compliance Policies, and NYS Dept. of Social Services Rules, Regulations, and Statutes
• A work schedule that includes some weekend and evening hours is required
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
Effective August 30, 2021, unless granted a reasonable accommodation for disability, all new hires must show proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus. If hired for one of our city sponsored programs, this requirement must be met by your date of hire.
SUS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER